Usually, the hunt means work in pairs or in a team. Good communication is a necessary condition of teamwork, that is why hunters certainly need a stable connection. Using best walkie-talkies for hunting you can implement any hunt strategy. You need only to know how to choose the right device.
We made for you our top list of best walkie-talkies for hunting. Get acquainted with it and it may help you to choose the right device special for you.
6 Best Walkie-Talkie for Hunting Reviews
1. Midland GXT1000VP4 walkie-talkie — Editor’s choice
This radio is a watertight one with a number of weather channels, so it will be an ideal solution to use it during the hunt. Package includes a rechargeable accumulator, cabinet-type recharging unit, garniture, and 12 V adaptor.
Radio has 22 channels. It can work in the water for thirty minutes and has very great power as for portable walkie-talky. The frequency band is up to 36 miles.
Weather channels provide you information about any meteorological changes and emergencies. Whisper function allows you to hear the sound very well even if it is really low.
With this device, you can make not only personal calls but also you can connect with the whole team for the best teamwork, and VOX function will help you to do this with free hands. Can work on Li-On battery or on 4 AA batteries.
2. Midland GXT1050VP4 — Best Range
The Midland GXT1050VP4 is the good radio to have if you’re in the deep woods. Camping activities can go by without worry about your radio signal becoming weak, as it never will with this brand. You chatter will be clear for others with the same radio to hear from miles apart. The best feature is how virtually an unlimited amount of people can be put on a channel for communication. This makes it suggested for groups as well. If you’re hunting, you’ll be able to alert others with you to your presence and intended target before you take a shot.
It’s a great safety tool, particularly considering that some hunters will attempt to conceal themselves when out in the wild. You may not be able to see each other under this situation, but the GXT1050VP4 will make you aware when you don’t want the game that you’re hunting to see you at the same time. The belt clip is a little hard to adjust and fits very tight. This could make it unwearable if your buckle is very wide. Only store it this way with belts that have a short width. But other than this small hiccup, nothing else it physically wrong with the radio itself.
- Users can place an unlimited number of people on one channel for communication
- Doesn’t break under wet or moist conditions
- Loud volume when using the headset/earphones
- The belt clip isn’t tight and moves at the slightest brush
3. Midland – LXT630VP3 — Best Walkie-Talkie for Wooded Areas (People’s Choice)
The Midland Radio is a radio for the outdoors. The best feature here is the charging time and dock. You can charge it in your vehicle as you travel in between spots to check for the game. And when you’re ready to take it outside with you, the range will never go out if you keep it under about 30 miles.
A weather radio is also provided, which can be accessed no matter where you are, even in the thickest of a forest. In fact, it might work better in such locales. Don’t worry about recharging it again for a couple of days at best. Power will last for a long time.
This radio might be a bit uncomfortable for you to hold if your hands are large though, as the dimensions are a bit small. But for hunters and others taking part in outdoor sports, this might be the least of their issues or not an issue at all. And sometimes, you may get the occasional background noise, depending on the channel that you’re using. Try switching whenever you can so that this doesn’t become an annoyance. But overall, the Midland Radio is an excellent buy that you’ll be happy to have around when you’re not at home.
- Charging dock doesn’t take up too much space
- Has a weather radio features that provide updates on local conditions
- The battery will likely last for several days before needing a recharge
- Uncomfortable to hold for people with larger than average hands
- Difficult to hear the speakers when there’s a high amount of background noise
4. Retevis RT-5R walkie-talkie – Best Value
This two-way radio is a paradigm example of a successful combination of style, functionality, confidence and low price. Radio is rewarded as some of the best in its price segment. The transmitter works in two frequency domains, and it can be expanded in a programmatic manner. Even in the event of small weight radio provides stable communication at the frequency band up to 15 km (in the open area). In the city, this number is much leaner and finds itself within a range of 3 km.
Walkie-talkie has an adjustable power level from 1 to 5 V, FM-receiver, and LED-flashlight. Li-on accumulator lets the device work in a holding mode for five days (in the conservation of energy mode). LCD-display has the highlighting and reflects the active frequency, signal power level, involved functions, and battery status. This radio has built-in noise preclusive condenser, inhibit of transmission on a frequency of DCLO activity, frequency shift for work with repeater indicator and so much more.
5. BaoFeng BF-888S walkie-talkie
This walkie-talkie will be an ideal solution if you want to get effective communication with members of your team. For protectors, it is a good device for conversations in real-time. When you are hunting this walkie-talkie will help you to stay in touch with your team and even if you are separate from each other.
Radio works on Li-on accumulator and has a charge indicator with reporting function of low battery voltage.
Has 16 channels and energy-saving mode for longer durability of work.
Radio has access to one or two local rebroadcasting transmitters. It can be used for 4 hours in the distance up to 70 km. It can be used with RAYNET, where you need only one or two frequency shifting.
The package includes a personal charging case, hip grip. Headphones, microphone, accumulator, an antenna with SMA connector and 12-page work instruction. Radio is fitted with alerting and LED-flashlight.
6. Arcshell Rechargeable Long Range Two-Way Radios — Best Walkie-Talkie for Setup Instructions
The Arcshell Rechargeable Long Range Two-Way Radios are a blast to use, especially when hunting game. They’re also some of the best durable radios around. You could keep them out in the open with you for days on end and never take on any damage from the elements. It has a very easy to understand user manual that doesn’t read too confusing. And setup is even easier, thanks in part to the book that is included. You and the other speaker’s voices will ring with clarity, and be easy to distinguish from each other.
Volume is good, and buttons are situated in positions that make it easy to press very quickly. You can charge the batteries fast as well. Charging time only takes about an hour, so you can have the radios prepared on the fly if you need to. There’s no need to charge them overnight if you’re going out hunting the next day. This radio has only 16 channels available, which is considerably less than the others of the same branch. But those given have a good sound quality and little static, so you may not even be bothered by it anyway. Take it camping with you, or simply use for any activity that will see you outside for a couple of days.
- A user manual is easy to understand.
- Voices from the speaker are sharp and never struggle.
- The battery can be changed when taken out of the radio.
- Only 16 channels are available.
Walkie-Talkies for Hunting Buyer’s Guide
How to choose the walkie-talkie for hunting?
To make the right choice, first of all, you have to decide what kinds of hunt you need the device. Also, you should know that the quality of sound and frequency range depends on the configuration of terrain and weather conditions.
However, the walkie-talkie anyway must be:
- Dependable – particular selected models must have a capacious accumulator, which provides a long uninterruptible work;
- Waterproof – full protection from moisture, and partially water-resistance are other important criteria of choosing:
- Stable to the low-temperature effect – for winter hunting will be irreplaceable in the radio, which can work even in hard winter.
Table of Contents
- 1 6 Best Walkie-Talkie for Hunting Reviews
- 1.1 1. Midland GXT1000VP4 walkie-talkie — Editor’s choice
- 1.2 2. Midland GXT1050VP4 — Best Range
- 1.3 3. Midland – LXT630VP3 — Best Walkie-Talkie for Wooded Areas (People’s Choice)
- 1.4 4. Retevis RT-5R walkie-talkie – Best Value
- 1.5 5. BaoFeng BF-888S walkie-talkie
- 1.6 6. Arcshell Rechargeable Long Range Two-Way Radios — Best Walkie-Talkie for Setup Instructions
- 2 Walkie-Talkies for Hunting Buyer’s Guide