Best Waterproof Walkie-Talkies
|Walkie-Talkie Radios||Model Name||Our Rating||Price|
Table of Contents
- 1 Tips to Choose The Best Waterproof Walkie Talkie
- 2 Our Waterproof Walkie-Talkies Reviews
- 2.1 1. Motorola MS350R 35-Mile Talkabout Waterproof 2-Way Radio
- 2.2 2. Motorola MS355R FRS Waterproof Two-Way – 35 Mile Radio Pack
- 2.3 3. Uniden Submersible 50 Mile FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radios with Charging Kit
- 2.4 4. Olympia R300 Rugged Waterproof Two-Way Radios
- 2.5 5. Uniden 16-Mile 22 Channel Battery FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio Pair
- 3 Conclusion
Tips to Choose The Best Waterproof Walkie Talkie
How to choose a Walkie-Talkie to match your preference and address specific requirements? The Walkie-Talkie is designed to voice transfer from one person to another over a distance. To choose the right device you have to be aware of its frequency range and power. About these and others options we will talk today.
1. Things to check before buying Waterproof Walkie-Talkie
- When choosing a Walkie-Talkie, you have to take into account its service conditions or rather define in which modalities it will be used. This affects the frequency band of the device and its max distance range.
- Max Distance Range. Walkie-Talkie range is a maximal distance where receive/transmit of the vocalization is effected. The distance range depends on the frequency band and antenna location above the ground. It also depends on power and delicacy of the device.
- Size and weight. Size and weight identify easement of Walkie-Talkie carrying. The more compact and light it is the more comfortable it’s used. At the same time, semiprofessional and professional Walkie-Talkies can’t have a small size and be light. Find the balance between utility and portability.
- For many buyers, the price is one of the most important criteria for buying Walkie-Talkies. The high price can be a quality attribute, but first of all, you should pay attention to the fabricator. Companies that are long on the market care about reputation and often release advanced products at low cost.
2. Mistakes to avoid before buying Waterproof Walkie-Talkie
- Not reading reviews. Before the buying read reviews. It can help you to decide what kind of product you really Reviews give all pro and contra, help to stem a risk of buying a defective product. Besides a lot of reviews means that the production is known and goes well.
- Buying from unknown stores. Before the buying a Walkie-Talkie you should pay attention to the fabricator. Well-known stores sell certified devices which are able to work with sharp variations in temperature and different weather states. This is achieved by lightweight of the Walkie-Talkie and its stable waterproof case.
- Bad research. Buying Walkie-Talkie pay attention to its appearance. The device should not be scuffed or cracked.
A battery charger should be as a set.
- Pay attention also to channel counts Preferably there should be a coding function to protect your talks from the wiretap.
Our Waterproof Walkie-Talkies Reviews
1. Motorola MS350R 35-Mile Talkabout Waterproof 2-Way Radio
This one radio includes alarm reporting function, extra power for an emergency, loudspeaker mood, silent mood and 4 ways of charging: desktop charger, car charger, mini-USB cable and carry-on battery charger.
Sometimes the range figures can be deceptive;
You need to buy a license to use all 22 channels, and it should be stated in instruction, but it doesn’t.
In spite of reasonable price and handy size this Walkie-Talkie is not good enough for a long distance and not good at all for professional using. But it will be a perfect solution for family trips and such pastime as fishing or boating.
2. Motorola MS355R FRS Waterproof Two-Way – 35 Mile Radio Pack
This waterproof radio includes 22 channels (7 Family Radio Service and 15 General Mobile Radio Service), 121 privacy codes and 11 weather channels for users to be aware of any weather changes. It can work to a depth of up to 1 meter for more than 30 minutes. This Walkie-Talkie is convenient to carry on and understandable to use.
- Fixed antenna;
- The full instruction is not included;
- Doesn’t have lighted buttons;
- Some buyers complain about too fast energy consuming.
This waterproof radio is intended to extreme weather conditions, that is why it is an ideal solution for camping, backpacking, hunt, fishing and any other outdoor activities. Through intense attention to detail, the radio is constructed to be able to float and is visible on the water surface.
3. Uniden Submersible 50 Mile FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radios with Charging Kit
Frequency band attains up to 50 miles, depending on territory, and helps to keep in touch with your partner in any weather states. It can work to a depth of up to 1 meter for more than 30 minutes. Handy, easy to recharge and understandable to use.
Emergencies happen, but buyers can be sure: they will stay in touch in every situation, knowing if they drop this Walkie-Talkie in a lake or pool of water, it will float back and still be serviceable.
This Walkie-Talkie is a perfect solution for boating, fishing, skiing, and other outdoor activities. This handy radio is lightweight, reliable and fully submerged. Helps to keep yourself and your family safe by warning you of extreme weather.
4. Olympia R300 Rugged Waterproof Two-Way Radios
- Frequency range up to 40 miles (under optimal environmental conditions);
- Water- and spatter-proof;
- Alarm warning button;
- 7 channels for warning of extreme weather;
- Protect from wiretapping.
No license is required for the Family Radio Service only channels (8-14). However, an FCC license is required for the General Mobile Radio Service channels (1-7 & 15-22) as these run higher power output and are within the General Mobile Radio Services band.
This two-way radio is an ideal solution for professional outdoor activities. This Walkie-talkie is optimized designed to bear against your arm. It has large buttons to allow you to use it even with gloves.
5. Uniden 16-Mile 22 Channel Battery FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio Pair
- Radio includes 22 channels (7 Family Radio Service and 15 General Mobile Radio Service);
- Scan function can help you to identify other Walkie-Talkies in your region;
- Roger beep informs when you end up the conversation;
- The frequency band is up to 16 miles
- Made of nonpolluting materials
You have to buy a license to use all the channels on General Mobile Radio Service
Frequency range depends on usage environment, that is why a lot of buyers complain about deceptive range figures and system malfunction.
Uniden GMR1635-2 radios are good for all outdoor activities such as hiking, hunting, fishing or just trying to stay in touch with your family on a trip. Full range of functions and more than 15 free channels will make communication comfortable and allow you to enjoy your free time.
Give careful consideration to buying a Walkie-Talkie, and you won’t be disappointed. Try to know as much as possible about fabricator. Decide in which environment it will be used because it affects functionality. Every extra function is an additional expenditure. Pay attention to a frequency band, signal power and durability of the device and have a good buy!